The MHEC Platform Was Made For YOU
We understand that the purchasing process can be difficult and time-consuming. That’s why MHEC exists. It’s an easy means by which members can get the supplies and hardware needed for continued success.
What is MHEC?
The Massachusetts Higher Education Purchasing Consortium (“MHEC”) is a nonprofit purchasing consortium that was established in 1977. Its goal is to provide efficiencies and cost savings to its members. It is the premier source for regionalized New England group purchasing in the United States.
- MHEC is a regional purchasing consortium for higher education contracts.
- The platform provides quality products and services, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service.
- Contracts for routine purchases are available to members, freeing up staff time for other high-priority projects.
NECS is proud to be your authorized HP Provider on the MHEC Contract.
We offer a full line of secure HP products. We welcome the opportunity to work with you in accessing your Print/Scan needs.
NECS offers a significant discount off MSRP pricing—which also includes delivery, networking, and set up.
Who is Eligible to Become a Member?
*All eligible for a FREE membership
- Higher Educational Institutions within New England (Massachusetts, Main, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island)
- Public and private colleges/universities
- Not for profit charter
- Technical and vocational schools
- Municipalities including elementary and secondary schools
Benefits of Becoming a MHEC Member?
- Contracts are not established through a third party. MHEC negotiates competitive prices and attractive contract terms and manages all reporting and contract compliance throughout the life of a contract.
- It meets Massachusetts public bidding requirements.
- Many MHEC suppliers extend their discounted contract pricing to staff and faculty.
- The database allows members to search by contract, vendor, brands, product category, and keywords.
- MHEC members will receive regular contract updates, invitations to the annual Expo event and quarterly meetings, and have access to deeper discount pricing through the monthly “Ed$save” program.
Here's How it Works:
- MHEC conducts its procurement in a fair, open, and competitive manner consistent with Massachusetts General Law Chapter 30B requirements. MHEC Contract Managers have completed MCPPO training and most are fully designated MCPPOs (Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Officials).
- Contracts are updated monthly.
- When MHEC members join together, bidders recognize their significant purchasing power and they sharpen their pencils to provide a competitive price and attractive contract terms.
- MHEC members benefit from the power of aggregating purchasing and receive other cost-saving benefits including free shipping on most MHEC contracts.