The Digital Mailroom: Why It Is More Important Now Than Ever
January 15, 2021 | NECS
Digital processes and automation are becoming an increasingly important part of today’s businesses. A lot of this started because of the pandemic, but what many companies are realizing now is that these new solutions and processes are saving their team time and making everyone’s lives easier.
The Digital Mailroom is a perfect example of just that.
Here’s what it entails.
Mail Delivery and Processing
Mail can be forwarded to a dedicated USPS Post Office Box (which will be monitored daily), delivered to Scan-Optics Secure Processing Center, or you can request that Paper Mail Pickup Services are provided at your location, so it can be picked up there.
When mail is received, it is sorted by date and type (packages, magazines standard, First Class, etc.). First Class mail, such as items that contain checks or other high-value originals are identified, given priority and prepared for scanning.
Digitizing and Access
- You can feel confident in knowing that all mail is scanned and processed.
- Image processing is involved in the scanning process so blank pages are removed, images are automatically rotated when necessary and barcodes are identified.
- Auto-color detection, OCR/OMR processing (optical character and mark recognition) is also included at this stage.
- Using methods such as dedicated scan jobs, manual classification and data entry, relevant data and classifications are recognized and extracted.
- Quality assurance is guaranteed as it is built into the process (each step of the way) so you can be sure your specifications are met.
- Double-blind indexing process means you get accurate data every time.
- Access and permissions to mail can be established.
- It should be noted that data extraction significantly advances search capabilities.
- Delivery via VPN, SFTP or Custom API (SFTP, SharePoint and OneDrive is also an option if requested).
- Alternate ECM options available.
- Scan-Optics integrates with your existing software and systems (which makes the workflow smooth on all sides).
Storage and Additional Services
- Digital (secure cloud) storage is available.
- Any items that are scheduled for destruction are destroyed according to your requirements.
- Physical storage is free for up to 30 days!
- Services such as check processing, fax/electronic processing and printing/outbound mail can also be provided upon request.
Interested in finding out more about the process? You can learn more about that here.
While there’s no doubt that the Digital Mailroom will improve your quality of life at work, it is an important service to have right now (and will continue to be used in the future). Digitizing incoming mail so that your employees do not have to worry about handling hard copies during this pandemic is a life-saver.
Digitization and automation are not going away anytime soon. If you’re ready to jump on board, please contact us today.